HomeSpot is committed to maintaining the confidentiality, integrity and security of any personal information about our users. This Privacy & Security Policy explains how we protect personal information provided through our website www.HomeSpotHQ.com (the “Site”) and how we use that information in connection with our service offered through the Site (the “Service”). “Personal information” for purposes of this Policy means information that identifies you, such as your name, address, phone number, fax number or email address.
HomeSpot maintains the highest privacy and security standards to guard against identity theft and provide security for your personal information. We regularly re-evaluate our privacy and security policies and adapt them as necessary to deal with new challenges.
- We will not sell your information
- We limit the collection and use of personal information
- Online session information and use is only used to improve your experience
- Third parties offering other products or services will not be given your personal information without your permission
- Use of Blogs and other Forums on HomeSpotHQ.com
- Disclosure of your information to protect our rights or if required by law
- You can delete your data
- Email communications from us
- Your data is secure
- We post updates on our website whenever there is a change to our Privacy and Security Policy
- Contact us if you have any questions or concerns
1. We will not sell your information
2. We limit the collection and use of personal information
Registration on HomeSpot involves provision of an email address, a password and your zip code (collectively the “Registration Information”). HomeSpot may make anonymous or aggregate personal information and disclose such data only in a non-personally identifiable manner to advertisers and other third parties for their marketing and promotional purposes, such as how many users clicked on a particular offer. Such information does not identify you individually. Access to your Registration Information and any other personal information you provide is strictly restricted to HomeSpot employees and contractors, as needed, and in accordance with specific internal procedures and safeguard governing access, in order to operate, develop or improve the Service.
3. Online session information and use is only used to improve your experience
4. Third parties offering other products or services will not be given your personal information without your permission
5. Blogs and other Forums on HomeSpotHQ.com
If you post to the HomeSpot blog, you should be aware that any information you submit there can be read, collected or used by other users and could be used to send you unsolicited messages. We are not responsible for the personal information you choose to submit in these forums.
6. Disclosure of your information to protect our rights or if required by law
7. You can delete your data
Your data is yours. You can remove it anytime you want. When you request us to delete your account for the Service, your data will be permanently expunged from our primary production servers and further access to your account will not be possible. We will also promptly disconnect any connection we had established to your Account Information and delete all account credentials. However, portions of your data, consisting of aggregate data derived from your Account Information, may remain on our production servers indefinitely. Your data may also remain on a backup server or media. HomeSpot keeps these backups to ensure our continued ability to provide the Service to you in the event of malfunction or damage to our primary production servers. We also reserve the right to use any aggregated or anonymous data derived from or incorporating your personal information.
8. Email communications from us
We also allow users to subscribe to email newsletters and alerts, and from time to time may transmit emails promoting HomeSpot or third-party goods or services. HomeSpot subscribers have the ability to opt-out of receiving our promotional emails and to terminate their newsletter subscriptions by following the instructions in the emails. Opting out in this manner will not end transmission of service-related emails, such as email alerts.
9. Your data is secure
We use a combination of firewall barriers, encryption techniques and authentication procedures, among others, to maintain the security of your online session and to protect HomeSpot accounts and systems from unauthorized access. When you register for the Service, HomeSpot requires a password from you for your privacy and security. HomeSpot uses industry-standard 128 bit secure socket layer (SSL) encryption to protect data transmissions between your browser and our servers. Our servers are in a secure facility. Access requires multiple levels of authentication, including biometrics (hand print scan) procedures. Security personnel monitor the system 7 days a week, 24 hours a day. Our databases are protected from general employee access both physically and logically. We encrypt your Service password so that your password cannot be recovered, even by us. All backup drives and tapes also are encrypted.
10. We post updates on our website whenever there is a change to our Privacy and Security Policy
We update this Privacy & Security Policy periodically. The date last revised appears at the top of the Policy. Changes take effect immediately upon posting.
11. Contact us if you have any questions or concerns
If you have questions, comments, concerns or feedback regarding this Privacy and Security Policy or any other privacy or security concern, send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.