The next step in the process of building a custom closet is preparing your shopping list. This includes the lumber and the cuts you’ll have done at the store, all hardware, tools and paint or stain supplies.
- Table or other saw for making cross cuts at home.
- Straight edge guide for making straight right angle/cross cuts if you do not have a table or sliding miter saw.
- Hammer or power nailer with nails.
- Power drill with Phillips attachment.
- Level, at least two foot long.
- Pencils for marking.
- Tape measure.
- Efficient amount of paint & primer or stain, wood conditioner & polyurethane to finish your project including paint for the walls of the closet.
- Appropriate brushes for paint or stain.
I highly recommend working with water based stains and finish coats for easy clean up.
On the next page you’ll find downloadable lists to save to your computer for printing.