With Father’s Day just around the corner, I thought it would be the right time to share a gift idea that your children can help make for their Daddy. It’s that easy.
Whether you use the free printable poem I did for the plaque I made for a client, or something of your own, the process is so simple even preschool children can help you do this. There’s only one part that the children can’t help with and it’s optional.
- Large unfinished wood plaque.
- Water based stain. It dries faster and is easier to work with.
- Sand paper or sanding block.
- An old cotton rag for applying stain.
- Computer, printer and plain paper.
- Left over coffee or tea.
- Spray bottle.
- Mod Podge, any finish.
- Paint brush.
- Grill lighter, optional. (This part is the only part done solely by the adult.)