Doo-Hickeys Explained

Prev2 of 4Next
Use your ← → (arrow) keys to browse

Gas Vent

Gas breather valve

These vents are found at older houses that have a gas meter inside the house.  This opening connects to a tube that goes to the gas regulator.  The opening is called a vent, and needs to terminate at the exterior to prevent the release of natural gas inside the house.

Rain Sensor for Irrigation System

Rain Sensor

These devices disable the home’s irrigation system when it rains, to help prevent water from being wasted.  These sensors should be placed in a location that receives about the same amount of rainfall as everything else in the yard; in other words, not underneath a soffit or other type of overhang.

Prev2 of 4Next
Use your ← → (arrow) keys to browse

Posted in

Need helpful maintenance reminders?

Reuben Saltzman

Reuben Saltzman works for Structure Tech, a Minneapolis home inspection company that has been in business since 1987.