All of us from HomeSpot hope you have a great Easter weekend!
If you get time this weekend, make sure your home is ready to go for the changing weather with the spring home maintenance checklist. Here is a quick look at this checklist:
- Air Conditioner Maintenance – cleaning the heat exchangers and replacing air filter will increase energy efficiency and prolong the life of the system.
- Seal Up Windows and Doors – take some of the workload off the air conditioner by keeping cool air in and hot air out.
- Masonry Inspection – fix up small cracks and chips to prevent larger problems down the road.
- Sump Pump – a great defense against small floods is the sump pump, but it needs to tested and cleaned to be ready.
- Lawn – prime the sprinkler system, clean up leaves and sticks, and ready the lawnmower to keep grass green this summer.
- Roof and Gutter – clean the gutters and inspect the roof for damaged shingles from ice damming during the winter.